Sunday, January 22, 2017

IT Onsite and Offshore Telecon 1

IT Onsite and Offshore conversations. Insprired by a blog by my friend Pradipta - here's a typical onsite (US) and  offshore team (India) telephone conversation :
Onsite Co-Ordinator (OC): I will be back home after 2 months.
OffshoreTeam(OT): Are you coming back for good? (Hopes getting raised .. somebody will replace the guy..here comes an opportunity finally)...
OC: (raised eyebrows..thinking...Back for Good ..now wats that)
Hell No. Have to get my VISA stamped. Will be there for two weeks. I will be in office for a day and will meet you all. What should I get for you.
OffshoreTeam(OT):(Hiding the sudden rush of dissappointment) oh We thought so..maybe T-Shirts and chocolates will do
OC: Sure! You guys are doing a great job.Keep it up.
Offshore Team: (Thinking... Hope to meet u at least once in person) Thanks . GNite. Team lets get back to work.

3 months later
OC: Hey guys.. am sorry..I could not come to meet you all..had some work at home ..blah blah blah...
Offshore team: We thought so. (Thinking : we knew it for sure)
OC: One person is travelling back. I will send the T-Shirts through him.
Am so sorry guys... You guys are doing a great job.Keep it up. Let's start the discussion on this new enhancement request!!

No comments:

Post a Comment